Please excuse me while I gripe a little.
- I broke off a dental crown on Thursday night, and haven’t been able to get to a dentist to have it put back on. It doesn’t hurt much yet, but it’s still annoying.
- Bought and read Choke and was pretty disappointed. It didn’t suck, it just wan’t as good as it should have been. Palahniuk writes novels like a web-logger: he keeps throwing in these bizarre, interesting, and pointless little factoids which contribute nothing to the plot, and are frequently urban legends, to boot. They’re interesting to know, and add a little to the ambience, but are otherwise distracting.
- Saw Moulin Rouge! last night. I won’t review it yet, though, as I have to finish my write up of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas first.
- I’m really, really missing having a comment system. Dan is super-busy, so I’m not going to bug him about the beta-test, but not having comments is dragging down my motivation to post with any frequency. And I really appreciate all the nice e-mail I’ve received; without that I don’t know if I would continue posting at all.
- In the shower I slipped and cracked my head against the faucet, so now I’ve had a headache all day and my vision is a little blurry. With luck it’ll be better by tomorrow; if not, I end up with a doctor visit, too.
Thanks for listening. We’ll have more of our regularly scheduled pseudointellectual frivolity tomorrow.